Custom Photo Mosaics Make a Great Wedding Keepsake
Have you ever seen one of those cool posters that is a photograph built from hundreds of other tiny photographs? It's called a photo mosaic, and it's generated by calculating which image tiles match up to produce the best colors to mimic the larger pixelated photo that you're trying to produce. When you shoot a wedding, by the very nature of your job, you produce large sets of high-quality images that can easily be used as tiles in a photo mosaic of any one or more of those photos.
How would you like to be able to offer custom photo mosaic prints for your weddings and other clients? I can offer to generate these images at a discount, and either just send you the digital product OR print and ship it on high-quality polyester fabric paper that is durable and reasonably water-resistant. Imagine being able to offer your clients...
- ... an engagement photo composed of hundreds of images of their travels and adventures together when they were dating!
- ... a wedding kiss comprised of all of the family and friends that celebrated with them that evening at the reception!
- ... a baby photo made up of both parents' old photos throughout their lives!*
- ... a portrait of a beloved departed dog that is composed of hundreds of shelter dogs!**
*Digitization of old photographs is a separate service that you or I can offer.
**100% of profits from orders received from Photographers are donated to the Beckett Foundation, whether they involve dogs or not. At $100 for a standard 24"x24-36" poster, we'll pull in about $50 for the Beckett Foundation. If you mark it up to $150 or more for your clients, then you'll make $50 on your end, too. (Even $150 is a pretty good deal when compared to the quality and price of similar custom products sold on places like Etsy and elsewhere, and this is on nicer paper.)
- How big are the posters?
- These posters are 24" on the short end, and then proportionately wide or tall to match.
- What is the quality like?
- Printed on high-quality polyester fabric paper, they are durable, fairly water-resistant, and soft and luxurious to the touch.
- How much does it cost?
- They typically cost $150 flat (we'll cover sales tax and shipping) for a poster that is 24" x 24-36". For photographers selling to clients, we offer a reduction to $100.
- Photographers selling to clients are welcome to mark these up as they deem appropriate.
- 100% of proceeds from all designs (not just dogs) go towards the Beckett Foundation.
- (International / Non-continental US orders my require additional shipping fees.)
- How fast does it ship?
- Usually within a week. Printing is usually completed within 2 business days, and delivery should take another 2-3 days if there aren't hang-ups in shipping via USPS.
- (International / Non-continental US orders my require additional time.)
Interested in Ordering One?
Get in touch! If you want to go ahead and get your materials ready, then follow these easy steps before you send us a message:
- Pick a reasonably high-quality photo that you would like printed.
- Gather all of the photos that you'd like to use as your miniature tiles in a single place. Ideally a Google Drive folder, and let us know
- Send us an email! Include the following:
- Subject: "Mosaic Poster Order"
- Your full name
- How you know the people in the image / purpose of the poster
- A link to your Google Drive (or elsewhere) containing the tile images. (Please make sure it's public so that we can access them!)
- An attachment of the desired poster image (jpg or png file).
- We'll reply with a proof and an invoice to pay online. (If you don't like the proof, you can request modifications or cancel altogether at no cost.)