In response to the overwhelming number of boot camps now available that advertise "full stack development" training but fall short of providing their students with the depth needed to hit the ground running when they enter the workforce, True Wind Technology is proud to now offer an option that...
- ... costs significantly less than many boot camps, including our biggest competitor.
- ... offers as much as 4-6x the personal attention with small classes of 6-8 people.
- ... is taught by instructors with extensive experience in both college teaching and real-world web development.
- ... trains interns to apply serious skills to real projects in real-world contexts.
- ... offers a paid internship upon satisfactory completion of course requirements
Students who complete the course satisfactorily are then given the option to work as interns on various projects for True Wind Technology for a reasonable hourly rate. There is no obligation to participate in this second stage, but the work is made available in case other employment cannot be found. In this way, successful students have the opportunity to build their resume with at least one paid employment opportunity upon leaving the program.
This arrangement benefits each party in the following ways:
- The client benefits from a more affordable hourly rate in exchange for providing a learning context for new developers, without sacrificing quality: a small and affordable amount of oversight by a seasoned professional ensures quality and timeliness.
- The interns earn a generous entry-level hourly wage as they refine the skills that they have learned in a real-world context, and may also gain internship credit that they can apply towards a college or university program.
- True Wind gains new business in the form of first training - and then possibly employing - bright new IT talent.
Training course length and cost may vary, but a typical course will cost $7,500, have a maximum enrollment of 8 students, and run 20 hours per week for 12 weeks. This is 25% less expensive, with 4-6x the personal attention of typical college boot camps that charge upwards of $10k for 10 hours per week for 24 weeks in a class with 30-40 people... without sacrificing quantity or quality. The instructors are just as experienced, and the skills developed are just as thorough and applicable to real jobs in the real world.
Earn it back with an Internship!
Not only is this course cheaper, more personalized, and as good or better than the other boot camp options on the market, but by learning with us, if you perform well, you can look forward immediately jumping into paid work upon satisfactory completion1 of the course. Internships will pay at least $15/hour and last at least 400 hours (in order to satisfy certain academic requirements), meaning you have the potential to earn back most - if not all - of what you spend on the training course if you perform well. The rate and amount of available work may increase significantly if good clients are procured, but these minimum hours and hourly rates apply to any trainee who passes the course.
Teams are comprised of 1 or more interns who have completed a full-stack training program in the relevant technology, and are managed by an experienced professional. All internship logistics are handled by True Wind by working directly with the academic institution with which students are associated, if any. (Some interns may only have attended our course, whereas others may be associated with an academic institution and be earning internship credit towards that.)
Interested? Get in touch!
If you're interested in either signing up for training or contracting with our group for project work, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
1 Internship placement is at the discretion of True Wind Tech. Participation in this course does not guarantee an internship. Interns are under no obligation to work with True Wind once they complete the course, and True Wind is under no obligation to employ students who fail to meet expectations.