In response to the overwhelming number of boot camps now available that advertise "full stack development" training but fall short of providing their students with the depth needed to hit the ground running when they enter the workforce, True Wind Technology is proud to now offer an option that...
- ... doesn't come with a five-figure price tag, costing half as much as many boot camps.
- ... offers as much as 4-5x the personal attention with small classes of 6-8 people.
- ... trains interns to apply serious skills to real projects in real-world contexts.
- ... is taught by instructors with extensive experience in both college teaching and real-world web development.
Training course length and cost may vary, but a typical course will cost $5,000, have a maximum enrollment of 8 students, and run 20 hours per week for 12 weeks. This is half the cost for 4-6x the personal attention of typical college boot camps that charge upwards of $10k for 10 hours per week for 24 weeks in a class with 30-40 people... but without sacrificing any of the quality. The teachers are just as experienced, and the skills developed are just as thorough and applicable to real jobs in the real world. But by learning with us, if you perform well, you can look forward to working on projects that we line up with nonprofit and academic clients after satisfactory completion1 of the course.
Teams are comprised of 1 or more interns who have completed a full-stack training program in the relevant technology, and are managed2 by an experienced professional. None of the intern pay is skimmed from the top: each individual hour worked by an intern is billed at a rate of at least $20 per hour, all of which is paid directly to the individual performing the work. All internship logistics are handled by True Wind by working directly with the academic institution with which students are associated, if any. (Some interns may only have attended our course, whereas others may be associated with an academic institution.) This arrangements benefits all parties in the following ways:
- The client benefits from a more affordable hourly rate in exchange for providing a learning context for new, without sacrificing quality: a small and affordable amount of oversight by a seasoned professional ensures quality and timeliness.
- The interns earn a generous entry-level hourly wage as they refine the skills that they have learned in a real-world context, and may also gain internship credit that they can apply towards a college or university program.
- True Wind benefits from gaining new business in the form of managing and overseeing technical projects while supporting bright new talent as they enter the IT field.
Interested? Get in touch!
If you're interested in either signing up for training or contracting with our group for project work, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
1 Placement is at the discretion of True Wind Tech. Participation in this course does not guarantee an internship. Interns are under no obligation to work with True Wind once they complete the course, and True Wind is under no obligation to employ students who fail to meet expectations.
2 Management is charged at a rate of $100 per hour, and typically makes up only a small portion of the total billable hours. All costs to client will be estimated and outlined in advance and agreed to by contract.